Definition of oligomer in English:
A polymer whose molecules consist of relatively few repeating units.
- Condensed tannins are oligomers and polymers of flavonoid units linked by carbon-carbon bonds, which are not susceptible to hydrolysis.
- Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.
- The result may be low molecular weight, broad molecular weight distribution, or the presence of nonreacted monomers or oligomers with very low molecular weights.
- Example sentences
- These densities may represent monomeric or oligomeric clusters of calsequestrin molecules that co-exist with the larger SR membrane-associated assemblages.
- Bovine SP-B occurs also as covalent trimer, and oligomeric forms of ovine SP-B have been described.
- Using the approach of this article, it may be possible to find conditions for which peptide constructs that vary in length and/or sequence have well-defined oligomeric states in the buffer solution.
Definition of oligomer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia