Definition of oligomer in English:
A polymer whose molecules consist of relatively few repeating units.
- Condensed tannins are oligomers and polymers of flavonoid units linked by carbon-carbon bonds, which are not susceptible to hydrolysis.
- Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.
- The result may be low molecular weight, broad molecular weight distribution, or the presence of nonreacted monomers or oligomers with very low molecular weights.
- Example sentences
- These densities may represent monomeric or oligomeric clusters of calsequestrin molecules that co-exist with the larger SR membrane-associated assemblages.
- Bovine SP-B occurs also as covalent trimer, and oligomeric forms of ovine SP-B have been described.
- Using the approach of this article, it may be possible to find conditions for which peptide constructs that vary in length and/or sequence have well-defined oligomeric states in the buffer solution.
Definition of oligomer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.