- (As practiced by the Mafia) a code of silence about criminal activity and a refusal to give evidence to authorities.More example sentences
- And then it is all locked down in a code of omertà: Enron is a strong buy!
- On the euro itself, Brown imposed oaths of omertà, lest even a small sign of didactic enthusiasm be mistaken for serious intent to enter.
- Their omertà, or vow of silence, is made easier by the anonymity of the Web.
More definitions of omertàDefinition of omertà in:
- The British & World English dictionary