Definition of on fire in English:
1In flames; burning.
- The intrepid dad ran outside to find his van was on fire and flames were spreading to the front of his home.
- A terraced house was on fire, with smoke and flames pouring from the ground and first floor windows.
- A log in that unsightly pile writhed as if it were already on fire, though the flames had not quite reached it.
1.1In a state of excitement: Wright is now on fire with confidence
More example sentences
- The troupe was literally on fire, as they turned, swayed and bent showing amazing skills.
- The crowd was literally on fire, as couples jived as if there was no tomorrow.
- After a poor performance in Cork the previous weekend the home side were always going to come out on fire.