1Ready to be poured from a tap.
- We didn't come across a single bar that didn't have at least ten different brews on tap.
- At 5 p.m., beginning this week, the bar menu starts, served upstairs in a cozy nook outfitted with a small bar, a handful of seats, a chalkboard menu, and beer on tap.
- While each restaurant carries the 110 beer minimum (30 on tap, 80 or more in bottles), no two menus are alike.
on draft, from barrels, cask-conditioned
1.1 informal Freely available whenever needed.
- In the past the producer was simply required to make a batch of programmes in an integrated factory, within which a large range of back-up services were available on tap.
- This juxtaposition seems topsy-turvy: education should be on tap and drugs should be difficult to obtain.
- Whenever I feel everything's getting on top of me, I just pop in there and every kind of support and counselling is on tap.
on hand, at hand, available, ready, handy, accessible, standing by
1.2North American informal On schedule to occur.
- A major march is on tap for August 6 in Atlanta to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act and to mobilize support for extension of some of the Act's provisions.
- Also on tap are the launch of a public diplomacy initiative to improve the U.S. image in the Muslim world and a possible trip to the Middle East.
- Regardless of how he fares on Friday, he has another fight on tap for the fall, though he's a bit less pumped up about that one.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.