Definition of onager in English:
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass native to northern Iran.
- Equus hemionus onager, family Equidae. Compare with kiang
- In comparison with other Asiatic wild asses, E. onager is slightly smaller with a paler coat.
- Related to the domestic donkey, the onager is an Asiatic wild ass which lives in the desert areas of northern Iran.
- The stilt-legged horses, species that resemble the true horses but were more slender limbed, and resemble Asian asses, such as the onager and kiang.
Definition of onager in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia