Definition of onager in English:
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass native to northern Iran.
- Equus hemionus onager, family Equidae. Compare with kiang
- In comparison with other Asiatic wild asses, E. onager is slightly smaller with a paler coat.
- Related to the domestic donkey, the onager is an Asiatic wild ass which lives in the desert areas of northern Iran.
- The stilt-legged horses, species that resemble the true horses but were more slender limbed, and resemble Asian asses, such as the onager and kiang.
Words that rhyme with onagertanager • massager • potager
Definition of onager in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.