- 1A rapid inspection or search: some doctor came and gave us all a once-overMore example sentences
- I gave him a once-over as he looked at me oddly because of my strange comment.
- She gave him a once-over and nodded in approval.
- Sparhawk took the plans and gave them a once-over.
- 1.1A piece of work that is done quickly: a quick once-over with a broomMore example sentences
- But a quick once-over with an old toothbrush quickly put things right.
- He forced himself to open his eyes and work the rest of the paint from his face and hair, giving himself a quick once-over with the soap.
- Any CORGI-registered gas installer should be able to give your boiler a quick once-over to make sure it is working smoothly.
More definitions of once-overDefinition of once-over in:
- The British & World English dictionary