Definition of oncology in English:
The study and treatment of tumors.
- She has previously worked at Mayo in the areas of orthopedic oncology and pediatric radiology.
- Cheng is also an assistant professor of gynecology and obstetrics and oncology.
- In paediatric oncology this should include the track record of new treatments studied in earlier trials
- Example sentences
- The patient underwent an exploratory laparotomy for the removal of the retroperitoneal mass, as well as total abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, and gynecologic / oncologic staging procedures.
- Immunocompromise from cancer, certain oncologic therapies, or HIV infection also puts patients at risk for PCM, again because immunocompromise is conducive to a net catabolic or hypermetabolic state.
- In keeping with accepted tenets of oncologic chemotherapy, two or more of these agents were frequently combined in an effort to achieve higher response rates with the goal of improving survival.
- Example sentences
- Most of the patients were admitted because of cardiovascular, peripheral vascular, oncological, hepatic, or gastrointestinal disorders.
- Also, unlike oncological chemotherapy, invasive cardiology or neurosurgery, for example, psychopharmacology is hardly rocket science.
- This technique generally has been avoided in obstetrics and oncological surgery for fear of introducing foreign materials (eg, amniotic fluid, fetal cells, cancer cells) into the circulation with potentially devastating results.
Pronunciation: /ˌänkəˈläjik/ /ˌäNG-/adjective
Words that rhyme with oncologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of oncology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.