A vigorous kind of ballroom dance in duple time.
- It is, quite simply, two people in ballroom position taking One Step per beat of the music.
- Hungary forbids "jazz."; Minister of Home Affairs also banishes foxtrot and one-step.
- The origin of our modern Foxtrot can be seen in the old dances One-step and Rag.
(Of a process or procedure) consisting of only one stage; straightforward: a one-step self-help program
More example sentences
- We randomly selected a single one-step beneficial mutant sequence to be the next wild-type sequence.
- In some cases, the one-step model appeared to explain the observed data less well.
- A one-step gene disruption by homologous recombination was performed.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of one-step in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.