- A nonparticipating observer; a spectator: a crowd of fascinated onlookersMore example sentences
- Watched by a crowd of onlookers three firefighters went into the water and used a canal side crane to hoist the shivering animal out.
- A crowd of onlookers had gathered at the training pitch of Austria's most successful modern football club.
- The female escaped but the male deer suffered appalling injuries as it tried to get away from the crowds of jeering onlookers.
- More example sentences
- The tide was still ebbing furiously and the course lay once again upwind, and for a few minutes I amused some onlooking fisherman by not making any headway at all.
- Even as it was happening, the onlooking neighbours phoned the police with details of the car, its occupants and the stolen goods.
- All females in the vicinity immediately start strutting their stuff, leaving onlooking males unsure as to what just hit them.