A nonparticipating observer; a spectator: a crowd of fascinated onlookers
More example sentences
- Watched by a crowd of onlookers three firefighters went into the water and used a canal side crane to hoist the shivering animal out.
- A crowd of onlookers had gathered at the training pitch of Austria's most successful modern football club.
- The female escaped but the male deer suffered appalling injuries as it tried to get away from the crowds of jeering onlookers.
- Example sentences
- The tide was still ebbing furiously and the course lay once again upwind, and for a few minutes I amused some onlooking fisherman by not making any headway at all.
- Even as it was happening, the onlooking neighbours phoned the police with details of the car, its occupants and the stolen goods.
- All females in the vicinity immediately start strutting their stuff, leaving onlooking males unsure as to what just hit them.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.