1Situated or occurring on land: [as adjective]: an onshore oil field
More example sentences
- The famous old onshore oil fields around Baku, which in the early twentieth century produced half of the entire world oil production, are now exhausted, and new deposits have not been found.
- Service contracts have been awarded for eight marginal onshore oil fields, with development beginning in 2004-05.
- The mallu guy of course is almost always in the gulf working alone on some onshore oil rig in the desert.
1.1(Especially of the direction of the wind) from the sea toward the land.
- Making an about-face at the command of onshore winds, the firestorm then returned toward its point of origin in the mountains.
- Strong onshore winds can produce sightings of sea-birds during cold weather including petrels and sea-ducks.
- Anytime there is strong onshore wind or swell, an otherwise safe inlet could be dangerous.
(Of a company) transfer (a business operation that was moved overseas) back to the country from which it was originally relocated: the case study showed improvement in many key areas once the company decided to onshore its call center activity
More example sentences
- The company will be onshoring parts of the assembly process for its PCs throughout the south, the blog said.
- We've been onshoring customer service for 40 years, knowing that a local, dedicated staff in the countries we work in is key to our clients' success.
- The measures could prompt companies to change their structures and move jobs out of tax havens: It may mean that a lot of activities are onshored again.
Words that rhyme with onshoreabhor, adore, afore, anymore, ashore, awe, bandore, Bangalore, before, boar, Boer, bore, caw, chore, claw, cocksure, comprador, cor, core, corps, craw, Delors, deplore, door, draw, drawer, evermore, explore, flaw, floor, for, forbore, fore, foresaw, forevermore, forswore, four, fourscore, furthermore, Gábor, galore, gnaw, gore, grantor, guarantor, guffaw, hard-core, Haugh, haw, hoar, ignore, implore, Indore, interwar, jaw, Johor, Lahore, law, lessor, lor, lore, macaw, man-o'-war, maw, mirador, mor, more, mortgagor, Mysore, nevermore, nor, oar, obligor, offshore, open-jaw, or, ore, outdoor, outwore, paw, poor, pore, pour, rapport, raw, roar, saw, scaur, score, senhor, señor, shaw, ship-to-shore, shop-floor, shore, signor, Singapore, snore, soar, softcore, sore, spore, store, straw, swore, Tagore, tau, taw, thaw, Thor, threescore, tor, tore, torr, trapdoor, tug-of-war, two-by-four, underfloor, underscore, war, warrantor, Waugh, whore, withdraw, wore, yaw, yore, your
Definition of onshore in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.