- another term for opalescent.More example sentences
- Sponges have an internal skeleton composed of needle-like elements called spicules, which can be composed of calcium carbonate, opaline silica, or fibres of the scleroprotein spongin.
- Under the weight of the wild mushrooms, gnocchi, grilled fennel, and basil oil, opaline scallops simply disappear.
- It is known that opaline silica is prone to dissolution on the sea floor.
nounBack to top
More definitions of opalineDefinition of opaline in:
- The British & World English dictionary