- A verdict of a coroner’s jury affirming the occurrence of a suspicious death but not specifying the cause.More example sentences
- A coroner has recorded an open verdict on the death of a 26-stone Tewkesbury man whose wife fears that chemicals at his workplace triggered his demise.
- A north Derbyshire coroner has recorded an open verdict into the death of a mother of twins who walked off an acute psychiatric ward and was later found drowned.
- A coroner has recorded an open verdict following the death of an elderly woman at the Great Western Hospital in September last year.
More definitions of open verdictDefinition of open verdict in:
- The British & World English dictionary