- another term for opponent muscle.More example sentences
- In the 20 cases of doubled aberrant tendon, 10 inserted into the abductor pollicis brevis, eight inserted onto the trapezium, and two inserted into the opponens pollicis.
- In one study, a double motor innervation was found bilaterally in 54 out of the 70 examinees, while the remaining 16 had only median innervation to opponens pollicis of both hands.
- It inserts onto the fifth metacarpal not unlike opponens digiti minimi, which inserts onto the fifth metacarpal, to which it may be functionally related.
late 18th century: from Latin, literally 'setting against'.
More definitions of opponensDefinition of opponens in:
- The British & World English dictionary