- (Of the thumb of a primate) capable of moving toward and touching the other digits on the same hand.More example sentences
- Digits 1 and 2 on the forefeet are opposable to digits 3-5, and the hindfoot has a well-developed hallux.
- The first 2 digits of their forefeet are opposable to the other three in the more arboreal species.
- A panda with a fully opposable thumb that is lacking in its nearest relatives is hard to explain via evolution.
More definitions of opposableDefinition of opposable in:
- The British & World English dictionary