- Of or relating to the eye or vision.More example sentences
- Vigilance is needed for any features of possible optic neuropathy, such as blurred vision, impaired colour perception, and reduced visual acuity
- All patients were diagnosed as having anterior optic neuropathy.
- The ophthalmic artery may have a separate foramen located between the optic foramen and the superior orbital fissure.
nounBack to top
- 1A lens or other optical component in an optical instrument.More example sentences
- Not only does the lens have the power of some of the white-coloured optics you've seen at sidelines of football matches and other sporting events, the Leica-made zoom features image stabilisation to reduce blur too.
- The shop, primarily, handles optics from Leupold and Swift Instruments.
- This method is reasonably adequate for small optics but breaks down when the optic is exposed to beams substantially larger than the area tested.
late Middle English: from French optique or medieval Latin opticus, from Greek optikos, from optos 'seen'.
More definitions of opticDefinition of optic in:
- The British & World English dictionary