- A thin glass fiber through which light can be transmitted.More example sentences
- Such fibres might outperform normal optical fibres because light trapped in their hollow core travels through a tenuous gas, rather than a solid glass.
- In that technique, an optical fiber is used to transmit light from a specially coated lens.
- The light detected by the receiver is transmitted through an optical fibre to a computerised spectrum analyser.
More definitions of optical fiberDefinition of optical fiber in:
- The British & World English dictionary