- A microscope using visible light, typically viewed directly by the eye.More example sentences
- The electron microscope makes possible the determination of structures not visible through optical microscopes.
- The horizontal length and vertical length of root elongation were measured under an optical microscope with a micrometer eyepiece.
- Crystallization and other phase behaviors were observed by an optical microscope.
More definitions of optical microscopeDefinition of optical microscope in:
- The British & World English dictionary