- 1US A person qualified to make and supply eyeglasses and contact lenses for correction of vision.More example sentences
- If you are diagnosed as long-sighted, it is likely that your optician will prescribe glasses or contact lenses to correct your vision.
- If you have taken the test before and have previously been prescribed glasses or contact lenses, your optician may want you to take the test while wearing your glasses or contact lenses.
- Its policies offer cash payments towards a wide range of everyday essential healthcare treatments such as a check up or filling at the dentist and new glasses or contact lenses from the optician.
late 17th century: from French opticien, from medieval Latin optica 'optics'.
More definitions of opticianDefinition of optician in:
- The British & World English dictionary