The practice or profession of examining the eyes for visual defects and prescribing corrective lenses.
More example sentences
- Deriving from his specialised knowledge of optometry, this cylindrical lens imitates what happens in astigmatism.
- These fees affect students in a range of professional programs, including business, law, veterinary medicine, optometry, pharmacy and nursing.
- He also described the principles and method that created the basis for optometry and retinoscopy.
- More example sentences
- The siting of digital cameras in community optometric practices provides accessibility and flexibility of appointment times for patients, rapid communication of screening results, and an opportunity for patient education.
- They'll also receive medical, dental and optometric assessment and treatment.
- Putting optometric clinics in schools might generate bigger academic gains than many educational reforms we spend so much energy disputing.
Definition of optometry in:
- The British & World English dictionary