plural noun[treated as singular]
Short for optoelectronics.
- ‘As they move into optronics, these firms will be able to continue to use Ireland,’ he says.
- The creation of the actual job figures, predominantly well paid and highly-qualified posts, was not recorded in the report, but the areas of software, telecoms, pharmaceuticals and optronics show the most growth.
- Example sentences
- The radar and optronic director provides fire control for the main gun.
- The target designation data can be supplied by a radar or optronic surveillance system.
- Sting is equipped with dual-band radar receivers and a suite of optronic sensors.
Definition of optronics in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.