noun[treated as singular]
Short for optoelectronics.
More example sentences
- ‘As they move into optronics, these firms will be able to continue to use Ireland,’ he says.
- The creation of the actual job figures, predominantly well paid and highly-qualified posts, was not recorded in the report, but the areas of software, telecoms, pharmaceuticals and optronics show the most growth.
- More example sentences
- The radar and optronic director provides fire control for the main gun.
- The target designation data can be supplied by a radar or optronic surveillance system.
- Sting is equipped with dual-band radar receivers and a suite of optronic sensors.
Definition of optronics in:
- The British & World English dictionary