Definition of optronics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
Short for optoelectronics.
- ‘As they move into optronics, these firms will be able to continue to use Ireland,’ he says.
- The creation of the actual job figures, predominantly well paid and highly-qualified posts, was not recorded in the report, but the areas of software, telecoms, pharmaceuticals and optronics show the most growth.
- Example sentences
- The radar and optronic director provides fire control for the main gun.
- The target designation data can be supplied by a radar or optronic surveillance system.
- Sting is equipped with dual-band radar receivers and a suite of optronic sensors.
Definition of optronics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan