- The system of teaching deaf people to communicate by the use of speech and lip-reading rather than sign language.More example sentences
- Elizabeth Peet, dean of women at Gallaudet College, was more colorful in her criticism of oralism's impact on Sign Language.
- The early twentieth century brought discord to the Deaf community in the form of oralism.
- The first was published in 1908 by J. Schuyler Long, a principal at the Iowa School for the Deaf and an opponent of pure oralism.
More definitions of oralismDefinition of oralism in:
- The British & World English dictionary