(also orbitosphenoid bone)
nounAnatomy & Zoology
- A bone in the floor of the mammalian cranium, in the region of the optic nerve. In the human skull it is represented by the lesser wings of the sphenoid bone.More example sentences
- The dorsal surface of the orbitosphenoid is flat, and supports part of the frontal lobe of the brain.
- The ptero- and orbitosphenoids may be joined in larger animals.
- The orbitosphenoids of S. crocodilurus were not studied or described by McDowell and Bogert.
More definitions of orbitosphenoidDefinition of orbitosphenoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary