- The lowest rank of merchant seaman, below able-bodied seaman.More example sentences
- Crew from the admiral down to ordinary seamen had no enmity towards their opposite numbers.
- It was said that an ordinary seaman on the Admiral's flagship publicly disagreed with this conclusion and was promptly hanged from the yardarm for his insubordination.
- He was promoted to an able, then demoted back to an ordinary seaman for again fighting with a petty officer.
More definitions of ordinary seamanDefinition of ordinary seaman in:
- The British & World English dictionary