Definition of oregano in English:
An aromatic plant related to marjoram, with leaves that are used fresh or dried as a culinary herb.
- Origanum vulgare, family Labiatae
- Try it with basil, bay, garlic, thyme, and even oregano to add depth and a subtle perfume to your foods.
- Then a handful of fresh, chopped oregano, thyme, basil and tarragon was added.
- Fill containers with herbs, such as oregano, trailing rosemary, salvias, or thyme.
Late 18th century: from Spanish, variant of origanum.
Words that rhyme with oreganoAmericano, Arno, boliviano, Bolzano, Carnot, chicano, guano, Kano, llano, Locarno, Lugano, Marciano, Marrano, meccano, Pisano, poblano, Romano, siciliano, soprano, Sukarno
Definition of oregano in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.