- An aromatic plant related to marjoram, with leaves that are used fresh or dried as a culinary herb.
More example sentences
- Origanum vulgare, family Labiatae
- Try it with basil, bay, garlic, thyme, and even oregano to add depth and a subtle perfume to your foods.
- Then a handful of fresh, chopped oregano, thyme, basil and tarragon was added.
- Fill containers with herbs, such as oregano, trailing rosemary, salvias, or thyme.
late 18th century: from Spanish, variant of origanum.
More definitions of oreganoDefinition of oregano in:
- The British & World English dictionary