Definition of organ pipe cactus in English:
A large cactus native to the southwestern US, having columnar stems or branches and typically flowering at night.
- Several species in the family Cactaceae, including Lemaireocereus marginatus and Cereus thurberi
- Most of the organ pipe cactus in the United States are found within the monument's borders.
- Due to their high triterpene glycoside content, agria and organ pipe cacti have the highest sugar content.
- Rising above them, mountains climbed past saguaro and organ pipe cactus to fields of snow so peaceful that he kept riding only to reach them as the trail ascended toward the distant passes.
Definition of organ pipe cactus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan