- Denoting synthetic organic compounds containing phosphorus, especially pesticides and nerve gases of this kind.More example sentences
- Most of them belong to the carbamate, nicotinoid and organophosphorus families.
- Curare, botulinum toxin, and organophosphorus insecticides each interfere with neural transmission.
- There is no evidence of which I am aware to associate exposure to organophosphorus compounds, including nerve agents, with asthma.
More definitions of organophosphorusDefinition of organophosphorus in:
- The British & World English dictionary