- 1A residential institution for the care and education of orphans.More example sentences
- Some children are abandoned and end up in orphanages, which have a difficult time caring for them.
- Orphans from orphanages in northeastern Bulgaria work on the farm and produce milk from the cows.
- She spent her childhood in orphanages, reform schools, and mental institutions.
- 1.1 • archaic The state or condition of being an orphan.More example sentences
- A woman with AIDS, whose child faces not just the risk of early orphanage, but an early death.
More definitions of orphanageDefinition of orphanage in:
- The British & World English dictionary