Definition of orpine in English:
A purple-flowered Eurasian plant of the stonecrop family, a naturalized weed of North America.
- Sedum telephium, family Crassulaceae
- Other customs included decking the house (especially over the front door) with birch, fennel, St. John's wort, orpine, and white lilies.
- In England and Wales, St John's wort was suspended over doorways along with green birch, long fennel, orpine and white lilies, to guard against intruding malevolent entities.
- The Crassulaceae, or orpine family, is a family of dicotyledons.
Words that rhyme with orpinepitchpine
Definition of orpine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia