A citrus fruit that is a cross between an orange and a tangerine, developed in Jamaica in the 1920s.
- Citrus sinensis × reticulata, family Rutaceae
More example sentences
- There are large round dishes with ortaniques around the rim (an ortanique is a citrus fruit) and the word ‘Ortanique’ in the center.
- Jamaican cooks have rediscovered their native tangy fruits, including ackee (the reddish-yellow fruit of an evergreen tree), carambola, and ortanique (a cross between an orange and a tangerine).
- Ortanique. A citrus fruit, a Jamaican tangerine-orange hybrid; it contains more juice but has a tougher skin.
More definitions of ortaniqueDefinition of ortanique in:
- The British & World English dictionary