Definition of ortanique in English:
A citrus fruit that is a cross between an orange and a tangerine, developed in Jamaica in the 1920s.
- Citrus sinensis × reticulata, family Rutaceae
- There are large round dishes with ortaniques around the rim (an ortanique is a citrus fruit) and the word ‘Ortanique’ in the center.
- Jamaican cooks have rediscovered their native tangy fruits, including ackee (the reddish-yellow fruit of an evergreen tree), carambola, and ortanique (a cross between an orange and a tangerine).
- Ortanique. A citrus fruit, a Jamaican tangerine-orange hybrid; it contains more juice but has a tougher skin.
Words that rhyme with ortaniqueantique, batik, beak, bespeak, bezique, bleak, boutique, cacique, caïque, cheek, chic, clique, creak, creek, critique, Dominique, eke, freak, geek, Greek, hide-and-seek, keek, Lalique, leak, leek, Martinique, meek, midweek, Mozambique, Mustique, mystique, oblique, opéra comique, peak, Peake, peek, physique, pique, pratique, reek, seek, shriek, Sikh, sleek, sneak, speak, Speke, squeak, streak, teak, technique, tongue-in-cheek, tweak, unique, veronique, weak, week, wreak
Definition of ortanique in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan