Definition of ortanique in English:
A citrus fruit that is a cross between an orange and a tangerine, developed in Jamaica in the 1920s.
- Citrus sinensis × reticulata, family Rutaceae
- There are large round dishes with ortaniques around the rim (an ortanique is a citrus fruit) and the word ‘Ortanique’ in the center.
- Jamaican cooks have rediscovered their native tangy fruits, including ackee (the reddish-yellow fruit of an evergreen tree), carambola, and ortanique (a cross between an orange and a tangerine).
- Ortanique. A citrus fruit, a Jamaican tangerine-orange hybrid; it contains more juice but has a tougher skin.
Words that rhyme with ortaniqueantique, batik, beak, bespeak, bezique, bleak, boutique, cacique, caïque, cheek, chic, clique, creak, creek, critique, Dominique, eke, freak, geek, Greek, hide-and-seek, keek, Lalique, leak, leek, Martinique, meek, midweek, Mozambique, Mustique, mystique, oblique, opéra comique, peak, Peake, peek, physique, pique, pratique, reek, seek, shriek, Sikh, sleek, sneak, speak, Speke, squeak, streak, teak, technique, tongue-in-cheek, tweak, unique, veronique, weak, week, wreak
Definition of ortanique in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.