- 1A method of projection in which an object is depicted or a surface mapped using parallel lines to project its shape onto a plane.More example sentences
- These techniques were generalised into a system called géométrie descriptive, which is now known as orthographic projection, the graphical method used in modern mechanical drawing.
- The Necker cube, i.e. a cube drawn in orthographic projection, lacks perspective clues, so that the eye has a difficulty choosing one possible interpretation at the expense of the other.
- House plans - one well known drawing format, are a form of orthographic projection.
- 1.1A drawing or map made using orthographic projection.More example sentences
- Traditional efforts to overcome these difficulties have centered on the construction of physical models and the drawing of 2D orthographic projections and 3D perspectives.
- You are limited to creating automatic orthographic views off the base view only and must create auxiliary views to get orthographic projections of any other view.
More definitions of orthographic projectionDefinition of orthographic projection in:
- The British & World English dictionary