Definition of orthographic projection in English:
1A method of projection in which an object is depicted or a surface mapped using parallel lines to project its shape onto a plane.
- These techniques were generalised into a system called géométrie descriptive, which is now known as orthographic projection, the graphical method used in modern mechanical drawing.
- The Necker cube, i.e. a cube drawn in orthographic projection, lacks perspective clues, so that the eye has a difficulty choosing one possible interpretation at the expense of the other.
- House plans - one well known drawing format, are a form of orthographic projection.
1.1A drawing or map made using orthographic projection.
- Traditional efforts to overcome these difficulties have centered on the construction of physical models and the drawing of 2D orthographic projections and 3D perspectives.
- You are limited to creating automatic orthographic views off the base view only and must create auxiliary views to get orthographic projections of any other view.
Definition of orthographic projection in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan