Definition of orthophosphoric acid in English:
Another term for phosphoric acid.
- A phosphate is a salt that is prepared from orthophosphoric acid.
- Soil samples were pretreated with excess 0.1 M orthophosphoric acid to remove inorganic C salts.
- The pH value at which a one molar solution exists as half orthophosphoric acid and half dihydrogen phosphate ion, H 2 PO 4 -, the pK 1, is 2.15.
- Example sentences
- Only a fraction of total P is supposed to occur as free orthophosphate ions.
- An example of a second order reaction is the formation of ATP through the condensation of ADP with orthophosphate.
- In many species the enzyme is sensitive to allosteric regulation by phosphoglyceric acid and inorganic orthophosphate (inhibitor).
Definition of orthophosphoric acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India