Definition of oscilloscope in English:
A device for viewing oscillations, as of electrical voltage or current, by a display on the screen of a cathode ray tube.
- In single-channel experiments, the membrane current was monitored with an oscilloscope and recorded on a chart recorder for data analysis by hand.
- The voltage will produce a waveform on the oscilloscope.
- It is important to understand the fundamental difference between real-time oscilloscopes and sampling oscilloscopes.
- Example sentences
- The transducer detects echoes before being converted into electrical signals that are represented on an oscilloscopic display.
- You can actually see ‘eureka moments’ and ‘collaborative tension’ by glancing at the oscilloscopic traces.
Definition of oscilloscope in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.