Definition of oscular in English:
1 humorous Of or relating to kissing.
- The locus of affection is in oscular delivery.
- Their oscular activity was used as a promotional tool for Melbourne ACT-UP's World AIDS Day Kiss-In.
2 Zoology Of or relating to an osculum.
- Few long marginalia projecting from the oscular margin may belong to an oscular spicule rim.
- Circular parietal openings increase in size from the base to the oscular region.
- The sponge's basal part, oscular part and side part occur at different levels within the mud layers, which might have resulted from rapid burial.
Early 19th century: from Latin osculum 'mouth, kiss' (diminutive of os 'mouth') + -ar1.
Definition of oscular in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.