verb[no object] • rare
- Pass by or as if by osmosis.More example sentences
- Partly because this is Found Music from adulthood, not evocative Music osmosed from childhood.
- It didn't make you wet - it blindly ignored your clothes, especially the waterproof ones, and osmosed directly through your skin into your flesh.
- Generally the baddies followed you through the tunnels that you dug, but sometimes they'd just osmose through the dirt straight at you, causing much panic.
mid 19th century (as a noun in the sense 'osmosis'): from the element common to endosmose and exosmose.
More definitions of osmoseDefinition of osmose in:
- The British & World English dictionary