A cell that secretes the matrix for bone formation.
More example sentences
- Finally, there is a zone in which the cartilage cells die and are replaced by bone laid down by osteoblasts.
- Fluoride increases bone formation by stimulating osteoblasts and increasing cancellous bone formation in patients with osteoporosis.
- In animals, statins increased the number of osteoblasts and new bone formation.
- More example sentences
- At the cellular level, the histomorphometric data were indicative of decreased osteoblastic and increased osteoclastic activity.
- Bone mineral density is determined by the homeostasis between osteoblastic bone formation and osteoclastic bone resorption.
- A computed tomographic scan showed several osteoblastic and osteolytic lesions in vertebral bodies and the pelvis, compatible with metastases.
Definition of osteoblast in:
- The British & World English dictionary