- A lightly built toothless bipedal dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period, adapted for running and somewhat resembling an ostrich. Also called ornithomimosaur.
More example sentences
- Infraorder Ornithomimisauria, suborder Theropoda, order Saurischia: several genera, including Gallimimus, Ornithomimus, and Struthiomimus
- Despite the reptile's resemblance to an ostrich dinosaur, or ornithomimid, Effigia is actually some 80 million years older.
- Ankle aside, Effigia had large eyes, a long tail, and a toothless beak - not unlike the ostrich dinosaurs.
More definitions of ostrich dinosaurDefinition of ostrich dinosaur in:
- The British & World English dictionary