noun(one's other half) informal
A person’s wife, husband, or partner: treat your other half to a romantic outing for two
More example sentences
- My other half can treat himself to a slab and make it last a whole week.
- I was very pleasantly surprised when the editor introduced me and my other half to the rest of the team with a full bio.
- It was great to see him and his other half albeit only for a couple of hours.
how the other half lives
- Used to allude to the way of life of a different group in society, especially a wealthier one.More example sentences
- Though his conclusions are a little predigested, he wants to create enlightening and ultimately dignifying experiences that teach people how the other half lives.
- She presents a breezy overview of issues relevant to men who are interested in seeing how the other half lives.
- So I actually got to see how the other half lives, cosseted away in their curtained off world of hot towels, free wine, chocolates, and cookies.
Definition of other half in:
- The British & World English dictionary