Definition of out of one's gourd in English:
1 informal Out of one’s mind; crazy.
- Their insights have no depth or interest and non-fanatics (like yours truly) will be bored out of their gourds.
- Maybe it was the toxic fumes of all the lead paint, but cartoon creators were obviously out of their gourd.
- Conventional wisdom holds that people like you are out of your gourd.
1.1Under the influence or alcohol or drugs: he was obviously stoned out of his gourd
More example sentences
- Of course I was stoned out of my gourd at the time… yep that was the one.
- I cannot understand how anyone could drink an entire bottle of Robitussin for fun, because I've taken about a teaspoon too much and am now so stoned out of my gourd that I can barely function.
- And it was so refreshing that this guy, who was out of his gourd by eight o'clock at night, was listening to the music and paying attention and thinking about it.
Definition of out of one's gourd in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan