- A planet whose orbit lies outside the asteroid belt, i.e., Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune.More example sentences
- One of four gas giant outer planets (along with Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune), Saturn is the second most massive planet in the solar system.
- These are separated into four inner planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars) and five outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto).
- Further afield there are the starkly beautiful pictures taken by Voyager, of a ringed Saturn and the outer planets, Uranus and Neptune.
More definitions of outer planetDefinition of outer planet in:
- The British & World English dictionary