verb (outgases, outgassing, outgasing, outgassed)[with object]
- Release or give off (a substance) as a gas or vapor: glue may outgas smelly volatile organic compounds [no object]: samples are heated and begin to outgasMore example sentences
- Additionally, the foam does not outgas harmful chemicals and it offers no nutritive value to termites.
- Synthetic carpets outgas hazardous chemicals, including neurotoxic solvents from the carpet backing and formaldehyde, a carcinogen.
- That's good news, since vinyl outgases toxic chemicals that can cause a range of health problems.
More definitions of outgasDefinition of outgas in:
- The British & World English dictionary