Definition of overambitious in English:
- I find some overseas prescriptions sound, some obvious, and some overambitious and pretentious.
- Much of this is due to overambitious expansion plans, according to chief executive Terry Playle.
- The event provides a forum for people to vent their frustrations, as long as they do this within a certain language framework, and are not overambitious or militant about their demands.
- Example sentences
- Other long-nurtured pet projects have an element of tragic overambition to them, a yearning to do something that's either more personal or may shatter the restrictions of their star persona.
- The chairman, in whom the bank lost confidence, said he was proud to be guilty of overambition.
- Its downfall came from overambition on limited resources.
Definition of overambitious in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan