Definition of overdependence in English:
Dependence to an excessive degree: overdependence on the tourism sector
More example sentences
- We need to do the same thing with respect to America's overdependence on foreign oil.
- In some instances " there was an overdependence on plagiarism ".
- Political issues were certainly on his mind, including the overdependence of the American economy on military spending.
- 1overdependent adjective
- Example sentences
- The signs are usually a fall in academic performance, problems socialising with friends at school, or clingy, overdependent behaviour.
- Sixth, the absence of any engagement with Iran leaves the United States over-dependent on Pakistan for influence in Afghanistan.
- For in the last 30 years he has established that we have become dangerously overdependent on a few high-yielding varieties of plant.
Words that rhyme with overdependenceattendance, dependence, interdependence, resplendence, superintendence, tendance, transcendence
Definition of overdependence in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.