Definition of overdependence in English:
Dependence to an excessive degree: overdependence on the tourism sector
More example sentences
- We need to do the same thing with respect to America's overdependence on foreign oil.
- In some instances " there was an overdependence on plagiarism ".
- Political issues were certainly on his mind, including the overdependence of the American economy on military spending.
- Example sentences
- The signs are usually a fall in academic performance, problems socialising with friends at school, or clingy, overdependent behaviour.
- Sixth, the absence of any engagement with Iran leaves the United States over-dependent on Pakistan for influence in Afghanistan.
- For in the last 30 years he has established that we have become dangerously overdependent on a few high-yielding varieties of plant.
Words that rhyme with overdependenceattendance, dependence, interdependence, resplendence, superintendence, tendance, transcendence
Definition of overdependence in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan