- 1(Of food) overcooked: he sat there chewing his overdone steakMore example sentences
- From the limp way they sat on his fork, though, the prawns looked overdone to me.
- Indeed, the chicken breast and the leg of lamb came out a bit overdone and dry, as perhaps your grandmother's did.
- The mussels were plump and not overdone and the sauce with them very pleasant.
- 2Carried to excess; exaggerated: an overdone show of camaraderieMore example sentences
- I think the rhetoric of secularisation is very much overdone.
- The result is entirely natural; nothing is out of place, nothing is overdone.
- With the whole movie being a flashback, to have a flashback within a flashback seems a little overdone.