Definition of overeat in English:
verb (past overate; past participle overeaten)[no object] (usually as noun overeating)
Eat too much: the effect of overeating is weight gain
More example sentences
- Overweight people often have low self-esteem, easily adopt the role of a failure and even punish themselves by overeating again.
- Seriously restricting food intake, or overeating and then purging, causes levels of vital nutrients in the body to plummet.
- She then found herself afflicted by a syndrome that has affected many of her peers - a round of dieting and overeating.
- overeater noun
- Example sentences
- Advertisers and food producers have both been lambasted, but only occasionally have ministers criticised the overeaters.
- And if there is something inherently wrong, possibly even immoral about being pudgy, why not just punish the people who are causing the problem - the overeaters?
- And so, I went ahead in the laboratory and figured out why it is that women are stress overeaters, and there was beautiful science behind this.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.