Definition of overexert in English:
(overexert oneself) Engage in too much or too strenuous exertion.
- Both are mass-produced, which evidently overexerts the natural resources.
- She's afraid that I've been overexerting myself.
- If you do go directly to high altitude by car or plane, do not overexert yourself or move higher for the first 24 hours
- Example sentences
- ‘Heat exhaustion’ results from overexertion in hot weather.
- On the continent, Bonaparte's vaulting ambition imposed such a degree of overexertion that every success he gained served only to make his eventual collapse more certain.
- The ill-prepared often overcompensate for these variations with too much clothing or through overexertion.
Definition of overexert in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan