(overexert oneself) Engage in too much or too strenuous exertion.
- Both are mass-produced, which evidently overexerts the natural resources.
- She's afraid that I've been overexerting myself.
- If you do go directly to high altitude by car or plane, do not overexert yourself or move higher for the first 24 hours
- Example sentences
- ‘Heat exhaustion’ results from overexertion in hot weather.
- On the continent, Bonaparte's vaulting ambition imposed such a degree of overexertion that every success he gained served only to make his eventual collapse more certain.
- The ill-prepared often overcompensate for these variations with too much clothing or through overexertion.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of overexert in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.