Definition of overgenerous in English:
Excessively generous: she was not overgenerous with praise
More example sentences
- Having being overgenerous in its first table of standard values, the ministry has now swung the other way and the new rates represent a pretty unattractive underpinning of the market.
- It may also be worth making IE's page margins narrower, as they can sometimes be overgenerous.
- Continental nations, beset by deep structural problems arising out of their overgenerous welfare states, look enviously at Britain's relatively high economic growth, low unemployment, and rising standard of living.
- Example sentences
- However, the combination of falling markets and overgenerosity with past returns has meant that some of these ratcheted returns are now unsustainable.
Definition of overgenerous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan