- Decoration or a second glaze applied to glazed ceramic ware.More example sentences
- The designs are put on either with an underglaze, a sort of drawing technique, or overglaze, which is more like montage.
- Practically invisible or blatantly obvious, these so-called slipups made centuries ago survive today beneath vitrified coats of clear overglaze and provide snapshots of the innovative and ingenious decorative techniques employed.
- In graffito pottery the design was produced by scratching though the overglaze.
adjectiveBack to top
- (Of painting, printing, or other decoration) done on a glazed surface: overglaze enamelMore example sentences
- Such visible placement of overglaze writing is characteristic of more sophisticated and expensive wares, and is particularly rare in archaeological finds from the Americas.
- Perhaps in an attempt to mimic the bright colors of enameled Chinese and English porcelain, both plain and molded white stoneware was also sometimes enriched with overglaze polychrome painting.
- A very typical pattern for the Persian market has an overglaze cobalt blue border with many gold stars and most often a central floral bouquet accented with iron red.
More definitions of overglazeDefinition of overglaze in:
- The British & World English dictionary