Definition of overpowering in English:
Extremely strong or intense; overwhelming: a feeling of overpowering sadness
More example sentences
- The broth was a little too buttery, with some slightly overpowering raw garlic dominating the flavour.
- Being left to guard such bounty can be an overpowering temptation.
- The stench coming off the ship was quite overpowering.
- Example sentences
- We've used a lot of malt in this brew so it's overpoweringly malty at this stage.
- Television advertising is overpoweringly loud and often trite and tasteless, particularly those awful ads for motorcars.
- Worse, the sweet and sour sauce was overpoweringly sweet.