- Respond more emotionally or forcibly than is justified: they are urging people not to overreact to the problemMore example sentences
react disproportionately, act irrationally, lose one's sense of proportion, blow something up out of all proportion, make a mountain out of a molehill
- While there is no way to fully avoid overreacting, understanding the emotional factor will help keep fear in check.
- Like so many emotions, anger is important to respond to but not overreact to!
- Others find this more difficult - they may become withdrawn emotionally, or completely overreact to events.
- More example sentences
- For others, the anxiety has led to extreme overreactions - such as refusing to enter a post office.
- When family members feel neglected, they often will present a scenario that invites your overreaction.
- And I think that my life has been a reaction, and some might very properly say, an overreaction to that repression.