- 1An unintentional failure to notice or do something: he said his failure to pay for the tickets was an oversight was the mistake due to oversight?More example sentences
- Full of contradictions, failures and oversights, the architect's personal life seemed to have none of the clarity possessed by his great works.
- In the past year, numerous media accounts have revealed screw-ups, miscalculations and oversights.
- What do you see as the critical lapses or perhaps oversights?
- 2The action of overseeing something: effective oversight of the financial reporting processMore example sentences
- The obvious solution is direct government oversight in the form of industry regulations.
- No other state agency exercises effective oversight over army expenditures.
- The lax regulatory oversight and risk management are now being reborn as bad loans.